My OTHER Blog is HERE and has all my craft related posts.

Friday, August 07, 2015

This Weeks Smiles

 The Sunflowers are taller than me! Still not quite ready to bloom yet though - How spectacular will they be.

 This cutie hanging outside the back door
 Tubs of flowers , tomatoes and my herb tub ( don't look at the wall- Dan must have wanted to move when he was 10 as he painted "for sale" on the wall and I just can't get it off !! - He's 21 now!!)

 More sunflowers at the end of the garden. Hubby removed all the climbers in the spring and we are going to replant and hopefully put in a raised boarder to hide some of the brick walls.

 A little late I know but tomatoes finally flowering (grown from seed) 

 First timer a growing a chili plant.

 The only thing spoiling things is the dust! There are major building works across the road at the moment and even though I have hosed down the windows and table , it comes back every day- not much longer to go now though.

I started a bereavement support  course while I was at school and just have one more section to do and then the final assessment - yayy.

I live in a council house and called the repair men out as we have a leaky tap in the bathroom ( I am not good a plumbing and don't think hubby would have a clue either) Anyway a lovely young man popped out today and then asked two inspectors to look at the bathroom - we are getting a brand new bathroom even a new floor - how wonderful is that? I was expecting a new washer . Anyway enough waffling - If you would like to join in with the smiles HERE is the link.


Love Soojay xx

12 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Sue. Welcome to the group. It's so lovely to see new folk joining in the fun....we can never have too many smiles can we? You have lots to make you smile this week. I have happy memories [and photos too in one of the many, still packed, boxes lol] of my three when they were little standing upside sunflowers and reaching for the sky to be as tall as them :-) Your flowers and plants would certainly make me smile. Thanks for joining in....please come back again.
Hugs,
Annie x

Barb said...

Hi Sue you have some impressive plants there. Your sunflowers should make a lovely show when they come into flower. I love your little owl basket. He's really cute. A new bathroom plus floor. That's a bit better than the washer you expected eh! Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've enjoyed your flowers and herbs. Laughed at the For Sale sign, too. Goes to show what kids will do and say.

I have NO idea what a council house is, since I've never heard of them in the States, but you seem to be treated like royalty, if you get a whole new bath. Good for you.

Have a great Friday and and a lovely weekend.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sue,
Your sunflowers are going to be fabulous. I like the little stepladder thing with all the plants on it also. I had to really look for the for sale sign and it makes me laugh that your son wrote it when he was 10 and is now 21! Its funny what kids will do. I remember carving my initials into just about everything including the dining room table.

Hugs
Kay

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sue,
Your sunflowers are going to be fabulous. I like the little stepladder thing with all the plants on it also. I had to really look for the for sale sign and it makes me laugh that your son wrote it when he was 10 and is now 21! Its funny what kids will do. I remember carving my initials into just about everything including the dining room table.

Hugs
Kay

mamapez5 said...

I love the sunflowers. Unfortunately mine always managed to look over the fence into next-door´s garden! Did you know that your little purple cutie in the owl holder, is in the same family as Annie´s mystery plant?! Kate x

Hettie said...

Hi Sue.
loving your sunflowers. I think the birds got the seeds this year as hubby usually plants them around where I have not put them!!
Liking your little hooter too!
Hugs
xx

Twiglet said...

Your garden is fab and I love that little owl planter! x Jo

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh my gosh Sue, I'd be smiling too...getting a new bathroom. But you also have lots of smiles in your garden, it looks lovely...especially love the owl. Enjoy your weekend Robyn

Laura said...

Sweet garden. You MUST link up when those sunflowers bloom!! :) Pretty much all of us are flower nuts so they will be well appreciated!
I had to zoom in to see what the multi coloured stripes were in the first photo - for a moment I thought it was a spade/fork handle...

Lisca said...

Hi Sue, I'm new too at the Friday smiles. So we are two newbies.
Your garden is lush. I love your little owly basket. Isn't it lovely to have the herbs growing and at hand when you cook.
But the thing that really made me smile too, is that you are getting a new bathroom! Whohay! That is good service!
Thanks for commenting Friday and sorry for being so late myself. (I got busy). Have a good week,
Lisca

JoZart Designs said...

Hello Sue and Welcome to Friday Smile. It's a lovely newsy interesting post and I love your back door display. Also love your owl hanging. I adore owls and purple is my favourite colour too.
How lucky that you will get a new bathroom... he really is a very, very nice young man!
Hope to see you next week.
Jo x