My OTHER Blog is HERE and has all my craft related posts.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aldeburgh Festival

 Warning - picture heavy!
I went to watch Natalie take part in the Festival on Monday.
She had been away at Sizewell for the weekend at a place called Wardens , which is a trust for disabled people. Nats  goes most years. Thankfully it was a lovely sunny warm day.
The beach although stony at Aldeburgh , looked quite nice.

 There was a competition for the best dressed house - I liked this one.

 The start of the parade. There were THOUSANDS of people lining the streets and loads of floats, dressed cars and people taking part. The theme was "films". I saw a few hundred Dorothy's and Alice's.

 I did like the Avetar girls.

 Natalie decorated her t shirt and the people at Wardens all made hats and banners.

 Loved the car. Check out the kids sitting on top of the bus shelter :)

 Very sensibly carrying a bottle of water with her as it got very hot.

 There were dancers too.

She had a lovely day. We didn't stay until the very end but there was a bar b q and fireworks on the beach later. Two fun fairs and stalls all along the beach.

Love Soojay xxx

No comments: